Thursday, September 6, 2012

A triumphant return

This blog has been a labor of love for me, as I share an enthusiasm for rail travel and transport that has been handed down through my family for generations. As I return to the blogosphere, I look forward to rebooting it to talk about transportation issues in general around the country, not just passenger and cargo rail.

Expect to hear more about urban transportation, air infrastructure and our nation's aging highways and bridges.

I have recently moved to northern New York, in an area that is poorly served by rail lines. The lack of adequate rail service has crippled the economy of this area and left an important natural resource, the St. Lawrence Seaway, only a shadow of what it could be. That will be the subject of a coming piece.

Its good to be back.

No comments:

Post a Comment